The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation is hiring a Fundraising and Development Intern for Summer 2019.
Interns will join our dedicated team of seven staff at our Santa Barbara headquarters to work on meaningful projects that advance our mission of educating, advocating, and inspiring action for a just and peaceful world, free of nuclear weapons.
We don’t expect our interns to have detailed knowledge of the physics behind nuclear weapons, nor to have years of relevant work experience. What we are looking for are highly-motivated, enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to our mission and who want to make a real, lasting difference in the world.
Our Development & Fundraising Intern will assist in raising funds for the Foundation’s projects and daily functions. It’s ideal in development to be a people-person who can communicate clearly and comfortably with people of many backgrounds. We highly value collaboration at NAPF, and this intern will work closely with the Director of Development on a day-to-day basis.
Projects will include:
- Writing concisely and creatively: Helping to write appeal letters and grant applications;
- Researching strategically: Interviewing donors and researching potential funding sources;
- Planning and organizing: Helping to plan a summer party in Santa Barbara and our 36th Annual Evening for Peace;
- Being a supporter extraordinaire: helping with more routine tasks such as mailing letters and logging donor info into our fundraising database.
- Studying marketing, communication, or business a plus;
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively is essential;
- Self-motivation, organization, and the ability to stick to deadlines is essential;
- Ability to take ownership of a project by thinking critically and independently, while also following instructions;
- Experience with event planning, fundraising, or special project campaigns;
- Comfort speaking with and relating to people in highly social situations.
For more details on our internship program and for application instructions, visit our Paid Internships page.
You can also view the position descriptions for our other summer internships: