Peace Literacy in the Classroom: Healing Trauma, Navigating Technology, and Protecting Humanity’s Future
Main facilitator: Paul K. Chappell – West Point graduate, Iraq War veteran, and Peace Literacy Director for the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
Co-facilitator: Sharyn Clough – Peace Literacy Curriculum Coordinator, and Professor of Philosophy at Oregon State University
Workshop Learning Outcomes:
- Building resilient communities through nonviolence
- Identifying our non-physical needs and the tangles of trauma
- Understanding the anatomy of aggression and the fuels of racism
- Resolving conflict and learning the power of respect and calm
- Understanding emerging digital technologies in terms of non-physical needs and trauma
We’ll be meeting over Zoom! (all times given in EDT):
Initial meeting: Sunday, July 19 from 2:00-6:00 pm
Follow-up meetings: Thursdays (July 23, July 30, August 6) from 7:00-9:30 pm
Cost: pay what you can between $150-$350 If you are able, thank you for signing up at the full rate. It helps support those who cannot and it helps us keep our curriculum free to use. The fee covers all course materials including a copy of Paul’s latest book, Soldiers of Peace, printed course worksheets, and other goodies, to be mailed out to you before the start of the workshop. As part of our ongoing commitment to strengthen the anti-racist movement, we are also offering scholarships to participants working to end the systemic injustices rooted in racism for whom cost is an obstacle.
To register, click here.