The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation is hiring a Peace Literacy Intern for Summer 2020.
Interns will join our dedicated team of six staff at our Santa Barbara headquarters to work on meaningful projects that advance our mission of educating and training people of all ages and backgrounds to solve the world’s most dangerous technological, social, and psychological issues of our time, and to survive and thrive in the 21st century.
Our Peace Literacy Intern will assist with assessment, grant-writing, and program development (including Virtual Reality), focused on Peace Literacy – a new model of education developed by Paul K. Chappell at the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation that combines the Strategic Non-Violence Training of Gandhi and MLK with Social/Emotional Learning (SEL).
Projects will include:
- Developing tools for assessing and evaluating Peace Literacy lectures, workshops, and curriculum;
- Researching funding sources for the Peace Literacy initiative;
- Assist Paul K. Chappell and other Peace Literacy team members in developing new elements of the program, including around virtual reality.
- Student or recent graduate majoring in Education, Philosophy, Computer Programming, or equivalent;
- Interested in curriculum design for Virtual Reality and other on-line contexts;
- Have a working understanding of web design;
- Have a working understanding of quantitative and qualitative data collection and statistical analysis;
- Excellent writing skills in English (Spanish is a plus but not necessary);
- Comfortable talking with new people.
For more details on our internship program and for application instructions, visit our Paid Internships page.