THE NUCLEAR AGE PEACE FOUNDATION AND 1MILLION MEDITATORS JOIN EFFORTS FOR PEACE AND NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT
Invite Global Community to Join the #WagingPeaceCampaign with 5 Action Steps to Prevent Nuclear War
November, 20th, 2017 – The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, a non-profit that is a foremost advocate for peace and a world free of nuclear weapons is launching the #WagingPeaceCampaign as part of their efforts to empower peace leaders worldwide. A partner organization in ICAN (International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons) the group is proud to be one of the joint winners of the Nobel Peace Prize this year.
Fresh from a successful meeting with the Pope at the Vatican, the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation’s first wide-scale action in the #WagingPeaceCampaign will be to engage with conscious and spiritual communities and leaders worldwide, beginning with 1Million Meditators. 1Million Meditators held their first Global Meditation on September 23rd, 2017; their goal was to reach 10,000 participants and they were thrilled that over 72,000 souls came together with the shared vision of “Love Ourselves & the Planet”. This Saturday, Nov. 25th this joint effort is aiming to reach 100,000 participants worldwide who will meditate for peace: “Peace in our hearts & peace for the planet.”
1Million Meditators will host an interactive online Q&A with Nuclear Age Peace Foundation Director Rick Wayman on Tuesday November 21st at 3pm EST on the 1Million Meditators Facebook page.
Nuclear Age Peace Foundation members and conscious individuals everywhere are invited to join 1Million Meditators on November 25th, 2017 for a Global Peace Meditation taking place in various cities around the globe. To participate with a group or as an individual please join at 1MillionMeditators.com
Participants are encouraged to engage in the #WagingPeaceCampaign in the following ways, with creativity and leadership encouraged:
- Sign the Petition to Restrict The First Use of Nuclear Weapons and US Citizens can also write to their government representatives in one easy step.
- Join the #WagingPeaceCampaign – Share these 5 action steps on social media and about what Peace means to you.
- Meditate for Peace – Gather in person or online to participate in Mediations for Peace. Envision positive actions and feel into the heart-warming effects of building a more peaceful world.
- Host a Peace Party – A Peace Party can look like whatever inspires peace in your life: a mindfulness experience, making art for peace, authentic relating games, practicing non-violent communication, phone banking, letter writing to your representatives and even volunteering together. Make sure to include a moment for guests to sign the Petition and include it in your event’s promotional materials.
- Educate Yourself – The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation (www.wagingpeace.org) is one of 450 ICAN (International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons) partner organizations that are being honored this year with the Nobel Peace Prize. They have a wealth of knowledge and research available to share.
The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation was founded in 1982. Its mission is to educate and advocate for peace and a world free of nuclear weapons and to empower peace leaders. The Foundation is a non-partisan, non-profit organization with consultative status to the United Nations and is comprised of over 80,000 individuals and groups worldwide who realize the imperative for peace in the Nuclear Age.
NAPF is a proud Partner Organization of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN), the winner of the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize.
Read President David Krieger’s short article, “What is the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation?” to learn more about the organization, its mission and impressive history.