JOIN OUR TEAM
||Applications for school-year positions are accepted on a rolling basis
Frequently Asked Questions
Potential Projects for NAPF Interns
The intern's specific responsibilities will be determined based on his/her field of interest/study and individual skills. This is a partial list of projects that interns have worked on in the past:
- Promote and distribute the Foundation’s DVD.
- Identify potential grant opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Development to write grant proposals.
- Strengthen the Foundation’s media contact list for local, regional and national press.
- Manage the peace resources library.
- Manage the Foundation’s email membership list.
- Manage and improve the Foundation’s presence on the online social networking sites Facebook and Twitter.
- Create short videos for the Foundation to use online.
- Work on the Foundation's main website, www.wagingpeace.org.
- General management of the Nuclear Files website.
- Collect new materials (and permission to use the materials) for Nuclear Files.
- Create new original material for the Nuclear Files website (history, biography, etc).
- Do a study of best practices for email lists, particularly focusing on maintaining/growing the list, effectively soliciting donations, etc.
- Research, analysis and writing. A partial list of topics includes:
- Missile defense
- Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty
- Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START) / US-Russia bilateral agreements
- New nuclear weapons development in current nuclear weapon states
- Disarmament in Libya, South Africa and Kazakhstan
- Nuclear Weapon-Free Zones